Child Care & Preschool
Providing Stable, Flexible Child Care Services For Over 30 Years
The mission of the Sand Box Child Care & Preschool is to provide quality child care programs and learning experiences for children in a safe and caring environment, helping them to develop socially, creatively, emotionally, physically and intellectually. Located in Medford, Wisconsin, The Sand Box will strive to work with the community cooperatively and with flexible scheduling options.
The Sand Box, Inc. is a non-profit organization with operations overseen by a Board of Directors. Board meetings are open to the public. Parents are invited to address the Board at any scheduled meeting.
The Parent Handbook is available in PDF format and can be read with the Free Adobe Reader.
The Sand Box received a 4-star rating from YoungStar, Wisconsin's child care rating program. This service evaluates and rates
the quality of care given by child care providers. Parents know that quality care makes a big difference in your little one's life.
While you're away, you want to know that your child is safe and secure. The Sand Box's high rating can help put your mind at ease.
The Sand Box Child Care & Preschool offers the following flexible scheduling options:
- Weekly Rates: Charged on a weekly basis (40 hours or more per week). Unlimited hours available. Must accompany a schedule. Discounts are given for more than one child enrolled full time.
- 1st child - $160.00/week
- 2nd child - $120.00/week
- Advanced Weekly Rates: Must be purchased 5 working days prior ro services requested (40 hours or more per week). NO REFUNDS
- 1st child - $140.00/week
- 2nd child - $120.00/week
- Hourly Rate: Charged per day on a weekly basis according to scheduled hours. Additional hours billed hourly (less than 40 hours per week). Must accompany a schedule. 1 HOUR MINIMUM CHARGE
- Advanced Hourly Rate: Must be purchased 5 working days prior to services requested(less than 40 hours per week). NO REFUNDS
- School-Age Rate: Rate applies when school is in session.
- Daily Rate:
- $3.00 per child/hour. Includes before or after school care on a daily basis. Charged per day on a weekly basis. Pre-K not included.
- Weekly Rate:
- $25.00 per child. Includes before and after school care on a weekly basis. Charged on a weekly basis. Pre-K not included.
- Drop In Services: Drop-In Services are billed at the same rates listed above according to the hours requested. Services are considered according to space availability. Authorization must be granted from the Administrator.
- Attendance: Scheduled hours of attendance will receive priority. Unscheduled hours are subjected to space and staffing availability. No credit for "missed" or "sick" days.
- Billing: Accounts are billed every two weeks. Customer Statements are placed in children's mailboxes. Payment is due within 5 days from the Statement date. Late payments are subjected to a weekly late fee.
- Scheduling: Schedules for the upcoming week are due in the office by Noon on Thursday. Schedules may be updated weekly. Scheduled hours will be carried forward each week UNLESS an updated schedule is received. Children of school age attending during Before/After
- Hours of Operation: Sand Box is licensed by the State of Wisconsin for child care services Monday - Friday, 4:00 AM - 6:00 PM. Any attendance outside of the licensed hours must be accompanied by a parent or will be charged $1.00/minute.
- Late Fee:$10.00 per week charged on accounts 30 days outstanding.
- Collection Fee Charge: 33% of account total charged on accounts 90 days outstanding. Accounts will be turned over to collection agency.
- Non-sufficient Funds: $35.00 per returned check
Preschool and Child Care Programs
The Sand Box Child Care & Preschool Center's qualified teaching staff provide numerous programs for children, ages 2 weeks through 13 years and at competitive prices. Our programs include:
- Infant/Toddler Program geared for children ages 2 weeks to 1 year. Breastfeeding options available.
- Inclusive Child Care Program provides developmentally appropriate care and learning experiences.
- Sand Box Preschool provides a structural environment with educational experiences. The program provides a variety of activities to promote school readiness and early educational needs.
- Before & After School Programs provides a secure environment for children before school hours from 4:00 - 8:00 am. Breakfast is available. The After School Program provides homework assistance and quality play time from 3:00 - 6:00 pm.
- Summer Enrichment is tailored for children with developmental delays.
- Nutrition Program - state approved nutritional services.
- Specialty Programs:
Summer Fun Program introduces 3 and 4 year-olds to field
trips, community events, business tours and the many topics surrounding
summer fun! Children will also enjoy participating in art projects,
outside activities, story time and making new friends.
Summer Fun Calendar of Events (PDF)
Summer Fun Information Packet (PDF)
Jr. Club is geared towards children entering Preschool (4.5 years)
through Grade 1. Children will learn through exploration and education.
Events include summer school, swim lessons, library, business
tours and field trips.
Jr. Club Calendar of Events (PDF)
Jr. Club Information Packet (PDF)
Kids Club is a transitional program open to children entering
Grades 2 -3. Children will participate in events with both the Jr.Club
and IMPACT Youth Programs. Events include swimming, team sports, intergeneration
activities, community service, summer school and field trips.
Kids Club Calendar of Events (PDF)
Kids Club Information Packet (PDF)
IMPACT Youth Program is a fast paced program
open to kids entering Grades 4 - 7. The program will focus on
healthy life choices, independence, cooperation and community.
Events include biking, swimming, sports, cooking, summer
school, field trips and community service projects.
IMPACT Youth Calendar of Events (PDF)
IMPACT Youth Information Packet (PDF)
- Classroom Supplies: Fall 2011 Classroom Supply List (PDF)
Admission and Enrollment
Any child two weeks through twelve years of age may enroll
at Sand Box. Sand Box has a licensed capacity of 100 children. All children are welcome
into our program regardless of race, sex, handicap, color, national origin,
or age. The child must be emotionally capable for participation in an all day program.
Children with special physical or emotional needs will be accepted if the
program is determined to be in the child's best interest, and/or if the
child does not require an inordinate amount of staff time that would
detract from other child care, in accordance with Title III of
the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act).
How to Enroll
Prior to the child's first day, the parents are encouraged to meet the
Administrator to tour the Center, discuss enrollment forms, center policy
and programming. Fees and billing options are explained to the parents.
We ask that parents bring their child in prior to his/her first day, just
to get acquainted with the teachers. Additional forms may be required depending
on age of child and/or requirements. The basic enrollment forms may be printed
and completed prior to your initial visit.
Child Enrollment Forms
Monday through Friday - 4:00 am to 6:00 pm Note: the Center is closed for major holidays.
Location & Contact Information:
For further information, please contact the Sand Box Child Care & Preschool at:
|Map and Exterior & Interior Views of Building|
Board of Directors
|Board of Directors 2012 Officers
||Marshfield Clinic Labs: Cytopathology
||Medford Area Public School
Links to Community Resources